Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sneak Peek

Since I've shut down Barefoot Creations for the holidays, I've had all this wonderful free time! I've been baking like crazy, my house is actually STAYING clean, and I'm finding time for other projects! When you consider I spend 6-12 hours/day on Barefoot Creations stuff, it's a huge amount of time I have, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the break.

With the baby on the way, I gave Paisley a choice between staying in her room.. or moving to the room across the hall (a little smaller). She didn't hesitate and said the baby can have her room, and she'll have the other room. :) She even started hauling her stuff over there (but I had to tell her "not yet").

Since she's so eager, I thought I'd get on prepping it for her. I decided I was going to paint an accent wall in it before she moved in... so I set out to do that on Sunday. But once I started, I decided to paint all the walls. Then Sunday night I decided I wanted to paint a very small mural, just below he built in bookcase. I got a little carried away..... here's a sneak peek:

JDS_7222

I'm REALLY enjoying this project. I forgot how much I loved painting, drawing, etc. I miss art... sewing, papercrafting and crocheting have become my arts.. but I miss the other parts of it.

I painted for 5 hours tonight, got A LOT more done than I thought I would.... and I just kept adding more and more. There's a few more things I'd like to add tomorrow, plus a little more detail.

I will take more pictures once Paisley is moved into her room.... which won't be til after Christmas.

I'll finish painting tomorrow night, and then we have guests coming on Wednesday until after Christmas. Then she can move in there. She's going to be so excited!

1 comment:

Bryant said...

Wow! Does that ever look good! I'd forgotten what an artist you are!

Mom